Saturday, January 17, 2009

Question on What It Takes to Prepare for a PFC Interview

Hi There, I was asked this question by one of my readers. Thanks for the question!
For a recent graduate, you can prepare yourself for the interview by:
1. Reading up on banking-related issues on the net and newspapers (Straits Times Money Section or Business Times). It will come in handy during interviews.
2. Pay attention to your personal grooming, you dont have to look gorgeous, but it helps to stay looking pleasant and professional. Eating right (less oily stuff, more veges and fruits) and exercising are important.
3. Practise how to answer certain standard interview questions, which I will elaborate more in my next posting.
4. Be confident. This can be learned if you dont possess it.
5. Be Relax and Smile, but convey to the interviewers that when it comes to work, you will be super serious and focused.

Actually if you refer to my earlier post, I think it's my first post. There are some character traits which are needed in a banking sales environment. You will need to be sensitive to others' feelings, humble, always ready to serve, self-disciplined and self-motivated.
If one is not serious enough about work and likes to have fun all the time, then the PFC job is not suitable. I am not saying that one cannot have fun, but when one is working, one should have full concentration. Play can come after office hours or on weekends, but if you really want to succeed, you may have to work outside office hours too.
I will talk more in my next post. Have a good nite. =)

No comments: